Emergency and Preparedness Response
The Maritime Administration’s (MARAD) Office of Emergency Preparedness develops and maintains plans for civil maritime transportation support to military mobilizations and response to national emergencies. We also maintain emergency resource evaluation data, help formulate international and national plans for maritime emergency and mobilization activities, operate the Maritime Administration’s telecommunications center, and support the DOT Crisis Management Center.
Below is a list of documents highlighting EPR activities and resources:
- Emergency Preparedness and Response 2017
- Ship Orientation
- National Response Program Standard Operating Procedure
- MARAD & Maritime Industry EPR Activities and Capabilities List
- MARAD Vessel Distance and Transit Times GULF COAST
- MARAD Disaster Relief Information
- MARAD RRF Outport Locations
- MARAD Vessel Distance & Transit Times to Puerto Rico
- FEMA – RRF Ops (Supporting Katrina and Rita Response) Brochure
- "The Maritime Difference"